Couture Millinery has become my life passion, being able to create beautiful works of art to compliment an array of outfits and events. So why should we all love millinery?
- Expressing the personality of its wearer from embellished headbands to wide brimmed dress hats.
- Oh so British! Royal weddings will always see a surge in hats as will the pageantry of Royal Ascot and other racing events.
- The varied history of hat making, and the trends through the years… just fascinating!
- Celebrities and iconic women, such as Audrey Hepburn who have brought hats to the fashion forefront.
- Adapting hats to create the overall look, from vintage pillboxes to look the part at events such as the Goodwood Revival or being the proud Mother of the Bride at the wedding of the year.
This is why we love British Millinery and creating handmade bespoke hats for every occasion, for a consultation or to find inspiration on the perfect hat, email me or call me to arrange a consultation
As Royal Ascot 2017 comes to a close, I’ve found it fascinating as a milliner to see what crazy as well as chic styles there has been! From fashion fails to sheer perfection Ascot has definitely seen everything (good and bad) this year!
One great thing that has come from Royal Ascot 2017 is the jumpsuit which has made it onto the new dress code list, and I do think the classic jumpsuit is here to stay!
The Queen, dressed in beautiful bold colours such as lime green and pink, looked stunning even at 91 with the Duchess of Cambridge looking beautifully chic in her Alexander Mcqueen lacy number.
Big bold florals and pinks seemed to steal the show. There were so many beautiful hats, I couldn’t possibly choose a favourite feathers and butterflies certainly had a place this season, mind you, I would say that sometimes bigger isn’t better!
Temperatures reached a soaring 33 degrees, so the lovely ladies wearing a thick layer of self tan certainly found that in the heat… you can melt! The streaky patchy look was certainly noticed throughout. I do love checking out the latest fashion faux pas!
The best part of Ascot for me was having our lovely ladies send me photos of their day, our wonderful competition winner Andrea Mills and one of our other customers Lara Goldsmith, looking very ‘race chic’ It makes me so proud to see the hats I’ve made showcased at such a prestigious event.
Next on the list is the ‘glorious’ Qatar Goodwood Festival, working day and night at the moment with the orders coming in for the August Racing Festival. So if you haven’t got your hat sorted yet for Goodwood, contact me and we can get you organised, you never know, you may be ‘papped’ wearing one of the Clare Louise Millinery Bespoke hats!